Through the internal divisions devoted to machining, injection moulding, custom casting and reaction injection moulding, Omnia Plastica provides its customers with a technical service to choose the most appropriate solutions for their applications in terms of material and production process, thus transforming a drawing into a piece.
Omnia Plastica is the only company in Italy to have three plants devoted to the production of RIM (reaction injection moulding) moulded pieces, stocking caprolactam in pre-heated tanks whose capacity is about 26,000 litres, able to produce pieces with dimensions up to 500 kg and over 2 meters length.
The main pieces produced by Omnia Plastica by means of the anionic polymerization of caprolactam find application in the field of transports,industry and shipyards. Some examples :
- Crane feet, tested up to 20,920, kg of compression
- Pulley for cables with diameter from 300 to 1,200 mm
- Reels for cables, flange diameter from 800 to 2,200 mm
- Levelling screw blocks for shipbuildings load up to 120 tons
- Rotor housing for helicopters
- Optic fiber cables housings for outside applications
The anionic polymerization of caprolactam allows producing finished parts with the following features:
- weight from 5 to 500 kg each one
- big dimensions
- Grade of nylon with high mechanical features
- big thicknesses
- no inclusions or voids even in big dimension pieces
For more informations contact us
For any special applications or requirements you may have, please fill in the following form, briefly indicating your needs, and our technical staff will get in touch with you as soon as possible.