Rods, sheets, tubes
Semi-crystalline polymer of polyamide having goods general features and excellent quality/price rate. Using only high viscosity raw material for the extrusion of our Akulon 6 stock shapes grants a very high quality level: mechanical resistances as well as sliding properties are higher if compared with other low viscosity polyamides. A peculiar annealing process grants dimensional stability and easy machinability.
Abrasion resistance: even in dusty and demanding environments, it’s one of the best engineering plastics
Toughness: high tensile stress and compressive strength. The shock resistance is good particularly for annealed material
Fatigue-proof: it maintains its features even under continuous stress
Self-lubricating: the friction coefficient is low and generally no lubrication is required for sliding applications
Weather and ageing resistance
Food Certification EC 10/2011 – FDA
- It is hygroscopic; it absorbs moisture which means that in time both its mechanical features and dimensions will change.
- When dry, it is hard and stiff and when moist it becomes more shock resistant and yielding.
- Machining is easy but automatic lathes should be avoided as the swarf is extremely elastic.
- Mechanical: thanks to its features and its low price it is a popular material for “general purposes”. Widely used in the mechanical industry to produce gears, cams, pulleys, anti-wear guides and other mechanical parts. It is used also for guides, bearings and wheels in shipbuilding. For outdoor applications, black polyamides are prefered
- Food contact: food contact approved
- Electrical: the use in the electrical field is to be avoided because of the moisture content.
- Chemical: it is resistant to alkali, inorganic compounds and solvents