Rods, sheets, tubes
M.C.nylon with heat stabilizer – black or blue colour on request – the heat stabilization reduces the oxidation and the molecular degradation at high temperatures, in order to extend the lifetime of the material at high temperatures. Whilst retaining the general features of PA6G it is easier to machine and U.V. ray resistance is better than that of natural Omniamid.
- Resistance to heat: better than natural PA6
- Tensile stress and compressive strength: same as Omniamid G, whilst the shock resistance is higher, the fatigue resistance is more elevated
- Self-lubricating: the friction coefficient is low
- Ageing resistance: weatherproof and good resistance at low temperature
- Black colour
- It is hygroscopic even if to a lower extent than natural PA6G. Because of the molecular structure, large-sized cast pieces have better quality than those of small dimensions.
- Mechanical: the mechanical features are similar to PA6 G.HR but it has a higher resistance to high temperatures ; thanks to its good mechanical features and the possibility to obtain large-sized pieces, this material is mainly used to produce large diameter gears, pulleys, wheels and anti-wear guides.
Due to the excellent abrasion resistance it is used in the building of parts for construction machines, excavators and earthmovers to produce gear wheels, guide bearings, bearings, sliding bearings etc.
In the shipbuilding industry its improved weather resistance makes it suitable for rollers, haulage, sliding guides, bearings.
In cable-car systems its uses include pulleys, wheels and sliding blocks
- Food contact: it cannot be used in contact with food
- Electrical: usage in the electrical field is to be avoided as the electrical properties change with the change in moisture content. It is sometimes used when its mechanical features are requested
- Chemical: it is resistant to alkali, inorganic compounds and solvents