Rods, sheets, tubes
Cast polyamide 6 modified with the addition in high percentage of special lubricators which remains in solution into the material. Our peculiar method of production grants a homogeneous distribution of oil particles within the product. This method improves self-lubrication, shock resistance and hygroscopicity, which decreases. Machining is also much easier. Pa6GOIL offers improved mechanical features in comparison of the plain cast polyamides. Fit for special applications.
- Self-lubricating: the friction coefficient is the lowest of all the cast nylons
- Wear resistance: better than PA6 natural
- Tensile stress and compressive strength are similar to Omniamid G whilst shock resistance is higher, the E-modulus is lower
- Machining: excellent
- Colour: yellow
- Improved antistatic properties linked to lower moisture absorption
- It is hygroscopic, even if to a lower extent than natural PA6 G.
- Mechanical: thanks to its excellent self-lubricating property, high shock resistance and compressive strength, together with the possibility to produce large-sized parts, it is widely used to produce bearings and bushings of large diameters as well as pulleys, wheels and anti-wear guides. Because of its excellent abrasion resistance it is used for gear wheels, guide bearings, bearings, sliding bearings, etc. in the building of parts for construction machines, excavators and earthmovers. In the shipbuilding industry its better weather resistance makes it suitable for rollers, haulage, sliding guides, bearings. In cable-car systems its use includes pulleys, wheels and sliding blocks
- Food contact: it cannot be used in contact with food
- Electrical: use in the electrical field is to be avoided as the electrical properties change with the change of moisture content
- Chemical: it is resistant to alkali, inorganic compounds and solvents