Rods, sheets, tubes
Polyethylene with a molecular weight of +/- 500.000. PE 500 is more rigid than the high molecular weight polyethylene and it is therefore more suitable for mechanical applications. The friction coefficient is low and machinability is excellent.
- Chemical: high chemical resistance typical of the polyolefins. Shock resistance, good even at low temperature
- High abrasion resistance
- Low friction coefficient
- Low specific gravity
- Easy machinability
- Colour natural
- Compared to the engineering plastics it has lower thermal and mechanical properties: tensile stress, flexural and compressive strength, etc. Compared to high molecular weight PE, it is more rigid and its resistance to continuous shock is therefore lower.
- Mechanical: The low friction coefficient and its non hygroscopicity make it suitable for use as a bearing or mechanical parts with low loads, even when operating in water
- Food contact: physiologically inert, it is approved for food contact by the most important standards organisations. Thanks to this feature, it is widely used for components in food machinery, pumps for liquid food etc.
- Electrical: very good dielectric properties, weatherproof
- Chemical: thanks to the high resistance to acids and alkali it is used for components in the chemical industry